There are tons of great Shrpa creators in your community – it’s just a matter of finding them! Here are a few tips we recommend using to find community ambassadors in your area.
Check your Personal Contacts:
- Think of the friends you always go to first for restaurant recommendations, or the ones always spending their weekends hiking somewhere new. Reach out to these people first, because they definitely have a love for your community, and a love for adventuring!
- Scroll through social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and see which of your friends seem to spend the most time posting places within your community. These people would also be great to reach out to because they are already taking pictures of their adventures, and creating online content.
- Check out your personal contact lists or email lists. Are there any people that you know that seem really well connected around your town, and who would be interested in sharing their firsthand knowledge/secret gems of your town on Shrpa? Reach out to these people as well!
Always ask anyone you reach out to if they have friends that would be interested as well! You’ll find that word of mouth referrals can go a long way when finding invested community members.
Look Around Your Community:
- Clubs & Organizations – Does your community have any clubs/organizations that have Facebook pages/contact information so that you could reach out to them? Examples include:
- Hiking clubs
- Biking clubs
- Running clubs
- Outdoor adventure organizations
- Sustainability groups
- Moms groups
- Girl’s Night Out groups
- Farmer’s Market groups
- Foodie clubs
- Local business organizations
Any members of these groups either love adventuring, trying new things, or have kids that are always on the move, looking for the best things to do around town — They’d all make great contacts!
2. Additional suggestions for people to reach out to include:
- Local business, restaurant, or coffee shop owners; They may be interested in promoting their own businesses through Shrpa’s adventures, and making their business a stop on an itinerary
- Bartenders/Servers/Baristas; These people are very social and involved with the community. They may be interested in showing it off on shpra.com, or at least would know some other people who would be interested.
On Social Media:
- Search names/locations of restaurants or popular locations in your area, and see what pictures come up as being tagged there. The people posting these pictures are already visiting places in your community and creating content, making them perfect potential creators for Shrpa!
- Search relevant hashtags related to your community, and see which accounts post content that promotes local businesses, restaurants and adventures! Examples include:
- #explore(your city’s name here)
- #travel(your city’s name here)
- #(your city’s name here)