Creator Visits are a fun and easy way to get the best UGC created with the focus you are looking for! Invite a regional content creator to your community to create amazing content to highlight what you want to be highlighted but from their perspective!
How does the process work?
Communities can provide guidance for content creators to visit and experience specific locations within the area. This guidance tells creators what themes to focus on, what places to visit, activities to try, food to eat, and more. If a creaotr is interested in working with your destination, they will apply for the opportunity. Once a creator is chosen and visits the destination, they will create 4 adventures featuring 10+ locations.
Steps to Set up a Creator Visit
1. Set up a creator visit and fill out the details
All creator visits start by filling out the details. This is what creators will use to determine if they are a good fit. It is also what they will use to guide their travels and, finally, their content creation.
Here is an article that goes into more detail about that: Filling out collaboration details
2. Creators apply to work with you
After you “Send to Creators,” the creators will have 7 days to apply for the opportunity. They will tell you why they think they are a great fit for the creator visit and exactly when they plan to visit. At the end of the 7 days, you get to pick who you want to work with!
3. Finalize the details
After choosing your creator, you will both have time to coordinate any final details and communicate before they make the trip to your community.
4. Creators experience your community
They will travel to your community and experience it first-hand while taking pictures and adequate notes on their experience. We require that they visit at least 10 locations. If you want to highlight an event and fewer locations, you will want to communicate that.
5. 4 adventures in your community are created
After visiting your community, the creator has 10 days to create their deliverables of 4 adventures. Once they are completed, you will have the opportunity to review and suggest any improvements you would like.
Things to keep in mind!
- We suggest that you fill out the creator visit details at least 1 month before you want the creator to travel to your community.
- Creators are required to visit at least 10 locations in your community. Often they will visit closer to 15 or more locations.
- Creators will use your guidance for themes, and the suggested & required businesses/attractions/activities to determine where they will visit during their trip to your community.
- Creators are paid a set amount for each visit. They will spend their money visiting your restaurants, businesses, and attractions. If there are any big-ticket items (over $50 is what we suggest), we require that you work with the business to have that activity covered if you want to require that they do it.
- Creators have 10 days after visiting your community to create their 4 adventures.
- After the visit is complete, you can review the adventures and suggest any improvements before they go live.